html

Thursday, September 28, 2017

PRAYER FOR THE ANXIOUS


Creator
there is sometimes an itch in my soul
a shadow on my neck
a chill in my spine
a flutter in my heart.

For so long felt like a wrinkle in my skin
a cowlick on my head,
the bend of my hip.

Now, I understand that it is OTHER
an alien parasite
that needs my energy to exist.



It is insistent
stealthy as it pervades
my subconscious, attempts to find purchase on my surface.
I ignore it.
My denial helps it steep-
until it is finally strong enough to nudge me into actions.
Once again, I find myself hustling for my worth,
rearranging myself so that I fit
easing burdens for others that don't pinch.


Searching for the solution
but not quite understanding the problem.
I have left an important note in the pocket of my jeans
that may have gone into the wash already
but if I move quickly-I can snatch it back just in time
to save it from the dryer.
If I hurry.
If I am smart.
If I am enough.

In these moments sweet Maker....
I need you.
Help me to remember myself.
Help me to connect to my SOURCE
the place where You reside.
Help me to be still
and know 
that you ARE.


Enough.

1 comment:

Enlightened Soul said...

Beautiful. This read like a poem to me. Lovely... and well said.